Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Awesome brother! Nice to see how well it is working out for you. I managed to get something done on the 65 over the weekend and am an alignment away from roadworthy once again. The 67s are what actually got me into Mustangs. I saw the centerfold of the brochure with the GT Convertible next to the speed boat and I was hooked.

Reactions: jjpish68

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice looking car. Perfect "stance." Enjoy.
Thanks! I’m actually going to raise the rear up about 3/4” with a different set of shackles This summer. Back is slightly lower. All new suspension front & back. Front “lowering springs” never settled very much. Though only a few thousand miles on them.

To the OP: @jphish68 Do you know what color code that is? I’m trying to nail down what I have as it look like a custom paint from the 80s and very close to some 66’ colors. Definitely not my 68’ Q (Brittany Blue). Will hopefully repaint her next 2-3 years.

·
Registered
677 Posts
@jsbenami very nice! AC is next. Trying to figure out if I just restore the factory air or go aftermarket.
2 biggest problems with the stock are 1) the non availability of R-12 and the exorbitant prices if you do! 2) The York compressors take 20+ HP to drive to the Sanden’s 5.

Only would do it if your car is going to be concours. Single benefit is that the old school stuff is potent and ice ice cold.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts