Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all just joined this forum because I recently ran into a 68 mustang that's single owner and completely original as far as I understand and garage kept. I'm in the process of trying to decide if I take the plunge on it I appologize for not having any more details but I believe the car is a 6 cylinder in lime gold with deluxe interior and a vinyl top my main question is if there is any collectablity to these inline 6s and if they're worth picking up? Adding a few pictures I was able to snap through the garage window sorry for the blurriness any help would be appreciated though thanks Ck

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for editing to answer, I know it may not be worth much I just wouldn't want to be underwater on it if ever needed to resell. It seems to be completely rust free no fading or wrinkles in the paint with original interior that appears to have very vintage covers on the front seats it isnt an expensive car or rare car I know that but I do know condition and originality play roll in any antique and I've never seen an original car sitting that looked that good especially here in there southeast where I reside currently
Edit: not completely rust free I saw light rust on the wheels but no where else

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looks like a nice car. Just keep in mind when restoring cars you almost always end up upside down financially in them, especially common 6 cylinder cars. If you can get it cheap enough and like tinkering on them, it could be a fun project. It just won't be a big money maker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks lenny I wasnt planning on restoring really hoping it will buff out enough to leave to the original paint and if anything plastidipping over it to protect it just want to leave it as it is really get it running and new wheels most likely

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
She looks clean! I would pick her up if the price is right.... What are they asking for her???

I've always loved the Ford Lime Gold.... '67-'70...

With a black vinyl top...That's even better. She looks like she's been stored in a nice dry environment too!

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Tony thanks for the opinion and support. About the price, I dont mind talking about it but could you message me for some reason I'm not able to send one to you would prefer to keep it off of a public post though thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,920 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
One advantage in a 6 cylinder is they're easy to work on and detail , lots is room around the engine .
Buy the car and enjoy driving it .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys think I'll have to try to get in touch with the woman and look into it more tomorrow and if everything goes well it'll be mine a bit more of the story though it's on a vacant property for sale that I went to look at earlier this week and as I pulled up to it i saw a man sitting on his porch across the street (from my property assessment searches I knew the same woman owned both properties) so I figured I would ask if it was ok for me to walk the property he was a kind and courteous man who told me a bit about the woman and how he rented from told me it was fine so fast forward to the end of my walk there was a three bay garage behind the house that was the last thing I wanted to peek in and low and behold there was that green machine sitting all alone ignored in its stall I couldn't help but walk back across the and ask the same man about it who said it was for sale and proceeded to tell me the woman is a judge's daughter who bought it new and it's been in that garage since then and that's where I'm sitting now with that thing constantly on my mind the last few days torn on if I should try

1 - 14 of 14 Posts