Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First show ever! 375 classics, 4 trophies, and my car won #3! It was the police pick for "Most Wanted Car"! What a experience! Sitting back and watching the reaction of EVERYBODY looking at MY CAR!! I geuss all you guys that go to a lot of shows are used to that, but what a trip! I think I'm hooked! I loved it! I'll post some pics tomorrow! LOL

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Atta Boy! My wife is still trying to understand why my hat won't fit anymore:p Did you get a chance to look at my motor pics? LOL

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Quite a feeling, isn't it. Congrats to you!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congratulations! This is where showing your car and sex have something in common....you'll always remember the first time!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I noticed you have a lift off hood, I do also, and I was wondering what you did with the hood at car shows? Most car shows have you with your engine visible. Do you set it under the car, on the roof, have stand for it?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't even take it off! I didn't expect to win anything so I wasn't worried about presentation! I'm gonna make a stand to hold it on a 45 degree angle at the rear and wrap it with roll bar padding.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Was just thinking reading about a stand, maybe you've thought of this? A guy could take some sch40 pvc pipe, 3/4"-1" say, and make a stand for one of those hoods pretty easy.
Make it so it'll hold the hood safely and still come apart enough to fit in the trunk. Even cover it with roll bar padding to match.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Just now checked out your engine! Man, that otta haul the mail!! Very Cool. Do you use the car more for racing or street driving? Both probably. I guess the pin on hood is handy for tuning at the track, just get it outa the way.
Nice Car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts