Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I post here and I was just wondering how many VMFers I have near me. I live about 4 miles away from Downtown L.A. ::

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There are many VMF'er in the LA area. I live a few miles from LAX.

·
4,129 Posts
Have you checked out Hurtle_II VMF locater? http://hurtle.com/VMF/locator/ I have 2 others that have signed up within 10 miles of me in Riverside. And if I go to 30 miles I get 12 VMF'ers.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Art, I live in North East Los Angeles, El Sereno to be exact.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Santa Monica for me
66' Hardtop 289 4V

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never heard of "El Sereno." But, then again, I'm hardly around East L.A. When I go, I usually go to "El Mercadito" or just cruise down Whittier or 1st. I guess you're more Mexican than I am. :( Which reminds me, I have a joke to post! LOL ::

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
El Sereno shares the border with Alhambra and South Pasadena. I posted a reply to "You know your a Mexican if..." list.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm in Hawthorne near Manhattan Beach/Torrance area.

BTW javier...you've got a great girl there. Ride the Lightning is one of the best Metallica albums by far. With the guitar riffs of Dave Mustaine along with the bass of the late Cliff Burton, it only can compare with Master or the Black Album. Fight Fire With Fire, Fade to Black and Ride the Lightning are in my top 10 list of Metallica favs :).

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in the SFV. 818

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
BTW javier...you've got a great girl there.
Thanks, she bought me the stang!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ride the Lightning is one of the best Metallica albums by far. With the guitar riffs of Dave Mustaine
Dave Mustaine never recorded a released album with Metallica, only demos(I have a few, he blows away Kirk IMO).

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Here's some of my best:
1.Metallica with Dave Mustaine:Outakes '82 '83"
2.Metallica: Garage Complete(The Early Unoffical Anthology 1981-1983)"
3.Metallica: Tower of Strength - recorded from the mixing desk.
4.Metallica: Live before death recorded live at the old waldorf san fran 1982
Some others as well. I am just looking for the demo "No life till leather" on cd.
I also have a VCD of the entire US festival performance of Motley Crue and their first album on leathur records. By the way, I took that pic of SWMBO after the Summer Sanitarium this month, lost by voice booing with the rest of the crowd at Fred Durst.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah I really don't like Limp Bizkit...or Mudvayne for that matter. Deftones are alright but Chino's voice is getting worse day by day. Teaches you not to smoke huh. My fav live albums are Welcome to the SNA and Dying Time Is Here. I have a lot of live albums like I said, but my friend is the biggest Metallica/MegaDeth fan and has over 40gb of hard drive space filled with videos, demos, albums, etc. He can also play almost any Metallica song. I'm just learning the guitar now...and boy are some of those riffs hard! Just learned galloping...practicing the song MotorHead now :) :).

Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
I live in pomona i used to hang around el serreno in high school used to go eat a a place called the alamo there.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I live in pomona i used to hang around el serreno in high school used to go eat a a place called the alamo there.
I lived here for over 30 years and never heard of that place.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dude are you serious about your gf buying your stang. That is the best gf ever. I hear of SWMBO's who support there husbands but rarly those who purchase stangs for them. Thats a keeper.
I also live in the SFV.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I work, my wife stays at home. She does all the money stuff. I showed her the fastback for sale and she said I could buy it! We both love mustangs. Her first car in High School was a mustang.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts