Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Rather than ask a question, I prefer to make a statement, such as:

I used to have one of those, except it wasnt smashed all to hell with a bunch of ebay crap on it. (ebay has replace JC Whitney)

I was wondering how my car would look with ricer wheels.

Purple engine, red valve covers, yellow harness wrap, chrome export and cowl brace, HEI distributor and a mural under the hood. Im speechless.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got one yesterday. "Who works on your car?" I said "you're looking at him." He said "Great I need a good mechanic!" "uhh, I never said I was good."

Turns out he's had a family car since 1989 and its been in storage for over 10 years and said it runs and idles well, but can't get good power in the upper revs and heats up quickly. According to him he's 2nd owner and tired of paying storage fees and might be ready to sell. "69 convertible $15,000. Sent me a grainy pic, and looks in fair condition. Im not a huge vert fan, but if I could get it for 12k it might be a nice quick flip.:unsure:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't really mind the generic or dumb questions. But I got tired of the non-sequitur followup like "my uncle told me his college roommate had a 57 DeSoto with a cummins diesel. Thing would do 120 and get 40 mylagallon."

·
Premium Member
1966 Fastback, 289 - C4
543 Posts
Ok.... Seriously....
I just bought a 66 Fastback. The most asked question "Is it a 67"... "Looks like Bullit, is yours a 67"... No, it's a 66. Oh, they're ok too...

Why does everyone assume Mustangs are a 67?

·
Registered
227 Posts
(Or however many you want to list)
What do you think are the five most frequently asked (serious) questions about vintage Mustangs?

First one that comes to my mind is "How do you tell the model years apart?"
I'm surprised that this one hasn't been mentioned yet:

"How can it be illegal to change the VIN from a "T" to a "K"?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts