Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen up you granada swap guys and gals, go ahead at the salvage yard and get the brake switch off of another ford product around a 1980 and up. The switch will be on the brake pedal under the dash. Very easy to remove and clip the wires and goes right on the brake pedal under your stang's dash! Wire in the 2 wires to the connector and wala, you are in bizz! Now for the shimmmy I had posted on yesterday, I raised the front end and rotated the front tires and those chrome rims are so close that the little back thingy on the wheel weight (only 1 on each wheel) is actually clipping the front uca's. Just barely clips it, but I think that is causing the shimmy,shake,rattle, and roll! :eek: I called swmbo and she will pick me up 2 backspacers (1/4x4 1/2x5 pattern only $7. each) on the way home and I hope to be in business again :: Thanks so much to all that responded and offered help/condolesences on my 66. ::

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
If material had worn off the balance weights you will have to rebalance the wheels or you will still have a shimmy. You could change to stick on weights and not have to run spacers.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will ask them about that when I drop by next week. I still have a small shimmy about 30 to 50 mph. I am going to swap the back for the fronts tomorrow and see if that helps.I got the spacers on and the weights clear now but I get a little more drag when I turn very sharply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts