Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about cutting a hole in my valve cover to vent the gases but I just couldn't take the knife to it, so to speak. So instead I hacked up the junk yard oil filler cap instead /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Drilled a hole, inserted a PVC 90 degree elbow, and installed a little foam filter element inside, and magic, all fixed.

Sure its backyard style, but when I had the time to attack the problem it was late, and the store was closed, so I used what I had. It works fine, no more spurting. I'll post a picture of my "barnyard" fix for a laugh later.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Dave....sounds like you had quite a bit of pressure building up in your crankcase......

Try that Restore and see results in reducing the crankcase pressure....and increasing your compression numbers.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I was curious what happened. I did a search yesterday and found your little rubber glove trick. That was pretty cool. I cannot say I would have thought of that.

Glad to hear it's under control.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Take on old sparkplug boot, invert it, slip it on the dipstick tube and then insert your dipstick thru it.

An old racers trick to keep dipsticks in and tidy under high RPM.

It won't fix the real problem but it will make the leak go somewhere else.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
its amazing how sbf engines dont burn oil even when they clearly have lost ring seal!!

I've had 2 302's that both blew oil mist out of the dipstick tube...and ran great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts