Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally purchased kit FR300-65MUHR from Mustangs Plus.
http://www.flamingriver.com/index.php/products/c0007/s0011/FR300-65MUHR
Rack and Pinion Cradle Kit includes Tilt Column, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware, Wiring Connector, Universal Joints, Shaft Support Bearing, Patented Rack and Pinion Cradle System.
I installed the complete system in my 65 Mustang and used it for about 3000 miles of driving. I removed the cradle, rack and pinion, tie rod ends, universal joints and shaft support bearing and offer those parts for sale. I have retained the steering column and wiring connector.
The reason I took the parts out of my Mustang is because I could not get smooth steering and encountered a binding in the steering every quarter of a turn because of the angle that the steering bar was on due to routing around the z-bar clutch rod. If your vehicle is an automatic or you do not have a z-bar for clutching this steering system will work on your car. You will need to purchase a new double D bar and cut to the length needed for your car.
$500 or Offer for the cradle, hardware, rack and pinion, tie rod ends, universal joints and shaft support
Thanks, Dan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts