Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please put this issue to rest? TCP rack and pinion is a bit pricey, but supposedly pretty good. Flaming River quick ratio is also supposed to be pretty good. Question is, for the money, which is better? If I get the quick ratio or Shelby quick steer with a FR, will it steer almost as quickly and responsively as the Total Control R&P? I've heard of engineers saying a R&P is not better than a worm and sector, if both are new, only that the rack is cheaper and lighter. Need some gurus to lay this to rest please....

When I can't stand, I must lean...
When I can't see, I must believe....

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Well if you look at cost you have the TCP manual rack for $1000 or the Flaming River for $450 + Shelby Kit and other misc. parts so let's call this option $600. It's a $400 difference, however as an owner of a Flaming River box I would rather be cruising with the TCP unit myself... it's the old 'what am I missing' game. Swapping this stuff is not easy and certainly not cheap so it's best to do it 'right' the 1st and only time. If it's in the budget than get the TCP, everyone who has it raves about it. I know that's what I will be swapping to someday.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

G

·
0 Posts
In my opinion, if you have your own box rebuilt right and have a good front suspension, that's all you need - my convertible steers nice and tight with new front end stuff (tie rods, idler arm, etc) and a rebuilt box.

Visit my repair page for Repair info, with pictures! http://home.dencity.com/mustangcub

1 - 3 of 3 Posts