Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving home from a job interview with the top down and the sun's rays keeping my forehead warm. I eased on to I-10 West on my way back to Pensacola. I gently pushed the accelerator with my foot as I noticed a nice cool sea breeze cooling the air. The car was running great and the interstate was as smooth as glass. Goodbye pothole riddled roads! As I approached Escambia Bay, I noticed a few people relaxing on their sailboats in the water. I was on a mile and a half long bridge on my way home as a speedboat pulled along side of me and a cute girl gave me a thumbs up. Apparently, she's a Mustang fan. I returned the thumbs up because I wanted her to know that I'm a fan of girls. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I then realized that I love Florida. Not just the weather, but the people are great too. As I was reflecting on the hard work that has gotten me this far, a hard rain fell from the sky while the sun was shining. Yup, I'm in Florida alright!

I still don't have internet access and I'm typing Moped Boy style right now at the Pensacola Public Library. I can't wait to meet Pondersoa Matt and attend a local cruise-in. Thanks for the PMs and replies wishing a great trip. It was. I have a lot of reading to catch up on as well. I hope corn feed 2.0 was a blast for everyone involved. Hopefully Midlife and I can find a way to ride up from Florida next year.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Welcome back, we have been having fun without you but you are missed...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bishir,

Glad to see you made it alive! Welcome to the Sunshine State. After living here awhile you'll learn to figure out when those sun showers are going to pop up. Just look for those white fluffy things up in the sky /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. You'll also get good at figuring out when lightening is getting ready to strike. Did I also mention Love Bug season???????

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Glad you made it Bishir. I don't know what kind of trouble FLorida is in with you and Midlife only 2hrs apart

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
My first job out of school was with Pratt & Whitney down in West Palm Beach. I will never forget having those same feelings you describe so well. I was returning from a successful interview in my rental car, going back to the hotel on Singer Island (not an island, go figure???). Only later, after moving across the country did I come to find out that I could pretty much set my watch by the daily 2:30 pm deluge. Worry not friend, your feet will web, your car will rust, and you will be happier for it. Welcome back...library or no library!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
JB - Welcome to the southland. Hope you and SWMBO will continue to love living here.....There is a downside at times, but no snowdrifts and year-round mustanging is a good thing.

Get online and back to the VMF ! Dickson

·
Registered
938 Posts
Make time to check out the fishing pier...about a year old now..open 24 hours.beats anything here in upper Tx coast..

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
welcome back bish we missed you at cfII.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome back Bish!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you made the trip safely and your back at home on the VMF!!!!!
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Glad to hear you made it Bishir. We missed you at CF2 though. Unless someone got pictures of you out in the schoolyard next door to Red5 again! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts