Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an issue with my left front blinker not working, but I fixed it. It was just a connection issue at the headlight, but now the flasher relay has an issue.
After you use the blinker the relay still makes the blinker sound even though the lights aren't flashing. If I turn the ignition off and back on it's normal, but as soon as you use a blinker it keeps making the sound. It turns the blinkers on and off just fine. It's a new relay as I thought that may have been the issue with my blinker.
The emergency relay works fine.
Thoughts?

·
Spammer Hammer
9,524 Posts
Did you try swapping the two flasher to see if the problem moves or stays? Or just replacing the flasher itself?

EDIT: The reason I ask about replacing the flasher even though you said it was new, I recently bought three of the same brand and part number to get a good one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll swap it out tomorrow. Not looking forward to it as it's a bit of a pain to get at it for a big guy like me.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,524 Posts
Got any small kids? It is Father's Day tomorrow. My youngest doesn't know it yet, but he's going to be laying under my '66 GT to help me find a AT leak...which I hate and will soon be replaced with a Toploader.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I had an issue with my left front blinker not working, but I fixed it. It was just a connection issue at the headlight, but now the flasher relay has an issue.
After you use the blinker the relay still makes the blinker sound even though the lights aren't flashing. If I turn the ignition off and back on it's normal, but as soon as you use a blinker it keeps making the sound. It turns the blinkers on and off just fine. It's a new relay as I thought that may have been the issue with my blinker.
The emergency relay works fine.
Thoughts?
Dont swap the TS and EMER flashers but put the old TS flasher back in and see what happens.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts