Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Flex-a-form springs on my 65 and recently I noticed one of the springs has a crack. I called Flex-a-form about 5 or 6 weeks ago and spoke to George (the owner) who promised to send me a replacement spring. I followed up a couple of weeks later and he said he was having some labor problems but again promised the spring would arrive before Christmas. I called yesterday and a recording came on that said the line has been temporarily disconnected. I tried again thinking maybe I dialed the wrong number but I got the same recording. Anyone live near Flex-a-form or know what the story is? Flex-a-form is located in Anderson, South Carolia. If they are out of business does anyone know where I might be able to get a Flex-a-form spring #225?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the top behind the axle. It is like a piece of wood that has a crack in it on the surface. If it was wood I could peel it off or cut it off. It is about 1/8 inch deep and 4 to 5 inches long. George said "Not to worry" but its not his Mustang and not his life. I have been driving the car and do not notice any problems but I am concerned and I need to get it fixed. Problem is it is a Flex-a-form spring so it can only be replaced with a Flex-a-form spring and then only with a #225 because that is what I have on the other side.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Alex Denysenko at www.moneymakerracing.com usually carries them. I haven't heard of any problems with Flex-a-form being down nor of them being out of business. George is very good at replacing any problem pieces, so I'm sure you will be taken care of. Anyhow, talk to Alex--if anyone knows what is going on with FAF or George Smollen, it would be him.
Daniel

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex from Moneymaker Racing just e-mailed me and said all is okay at Flex-a-form. That George is fine and just went off on a vacation so I should not worry. For the moment I will not worry and hope that Santa will deliver my spring in the next few days. Again thanks for the info. It helps to know someone is in contact with George and all is well at Flex-a-form.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
That's good to know. Alex has a more direct number to call than the one listed on the FAF website, so maybe you can talk to George directly if you get the number. These small businesses (like FAF and Ron Morris and others) sometimes can be slow to get to check/respond to email, so old-fashioned telephoning can get much quicker response. :D

I've been happy with my FAF springs thus far. Is your crack lateral (side to side, parallel to axle) or longitudinal (front to back)? Are you running any type of lowering blocks?
Daniel

·
Registered
244 Posts
So, did you ever get that replacement spring? I am considering FAF springs myself and it would be nice to know the quality of service you received.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts