Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little light flicker at idle, goes away underway, Tightened the alternator belt--no help.

What else could be causing this?

Thanks.

J. Boggs

G

·
0 Posts
My 67 did this about a year ago and it was a faulty voltage regulator but it can also be caused by other problems.
Tom

1967 Coupe
Auto w/C4
302 w/Edelbrock 1406 carb and intake
Factory air

·
Registered
487 Posts
You could try a new voltage regulator, but I suspect that the real cure is to install a high output alternator.

Dang! Just when I got used to being "strange", I became a "newbie". So what the sam hell is that?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
your ckt brk in headlight switch may be getting old or overloaded. it is a bimetalic strip that opens when current gets excessive and after cooling off goes back to normal position. if either small overload or aging it will cause lights to flicker - have you added any special lights to your car? you will probably have to replace your headlight switch as it will continuously get worse.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BillScott on 03/09/01 02:37 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had the same problem. The bolt that holds the ground wire on the Voltage Regulator was loose. I tightened it up and problem fixed! Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts