Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a speed demon 650. looked in the sight glass & noticed the secondary float level was a little over the bottom line & the primary at the middle line. Tried to raise the secondary by loosening the nut & then turn the screw counter clockwise. The level initially rose, so I started the car, it died so went back to look & the level in the sight glass dropped so low I can't see it now. I have tried turning the screw to raise the level, but gas squirts out & the fuel level won't raise in the sight glass. Gas is constanly pouring out of the screw when I try to open it pass 1/4 turn. I thought maybe it was at the top, but every time I start the car it dies when I take my foot off the gas. I have to pump the pedal constantly o kep it running right now.
Any help here?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hmmm. sounds like a flaw with the secondary float, needle valve or seat. I'd start by suspecting a blocked or impeded valve that won't let in enough fuel to keep the float level up unless the adjustment is set way too high.

Contact BG tech support - they respond very quickly. But I'd open up that float bowl and look at things.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after I pushed the car into the garage I tried one more time & now I can turn the screw all the way & no gas is squirting out. definetly a blockage some where.
Being a newbie to this, would you or anyone else tell me how I would start by taking the carb off the manifold or how o open the float so I can see inside.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I know nothing about Demon carbs but it seems to me Holley floats are adjusted with the NUT. The SCREW is the locking device. Loosen the screw just a little, turn the nut clockwise to lower the fuel level or counterclockwise to raise it then tighten the screw to lock it in place. Of course I could be mistaken, I'm old.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know nothing about Demon carbs but it seems to me Holley floats are adjusted with the NUT. The SCREW is the locking device. Loosen the screw just a little, turn the nut clockwise to lower the fuel level or counterclockwise to raise it then tighten the screw to lock it in place. Of course I could be mistaken, I'm old.
Looks like thats the way it works on the demon as well. The float is stuck now, so it looks like I'll have to take it apart to see why. I was told to replace he needle & seat, so I'm looking where to buy those items

1 - 5 of 5 Posts