Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WASHER HOSE BURST WHILE I WAS AT WORK AND FLOORED MY WORK BENCH DOWN STAIRS (and the basement). ON WHICH MY WORLD WINDSOR HEADS AND ROLLER ROCKERS WERE SITTING. (Which I had bought from bronco8339 on this site, a great guy) Well now they are really rusty! The Insurance co. is coming tomorrow to look at what was damaged. I listed them so I guess Ill see if they are covered. They were going to the machine shop [email protected]#@[email protected] think the insurance co. will replace them?
Wife cant understand why Im not worried about the hardwood floors walls ect. She needs to get her prioritys stright.
Thanks Paul

·
Registered
645 Posts
Are the ports rusted, too, or is it just surface rust on the outside? They shouldn't be too bad if it was only today... You should probably spray them down really good with WD-40 since that repells water (isn't the WD for Water Displacing?) Then maybe after that dries spray oil on them, or put it in the critical areas where it could cause problems...

Man, I'm sorry to hear that... I hope that, and the rest of your basement survives the "swim" o.k.

take care,

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its just surface rust. It was wild how quick it happened! The rust is in the ports also.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
The machine shop should be able to bake the heads for about $50.00, or less, and that will take care of the rust, dirt, and grime, and leave you with bare heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts