Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching the news this evening about the floods in VA. They were showing destroyed buildings and cars tossed around. One of the very short shots was the rear of a 65/66 Red Mustang, fastback I think but it was a short shot :(. Hope it does not belong to any of you guys.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I just came inside from getting the front suspension half way on my car
it will roll , thats all I need it to do .... roll 20 feet to a trailer
I bolted my front fenders on with 2 bolts so I can take them .
Frances is on target to make landfall within 10-20 miles of my house which means 140 + MPH sustained winds with bigger gusts for HOURS !
My house will not survive .........
Im heading to Tampa sooner or later .... likely Thursday night . Got to move all the items I can to my mother in laws house (her house is a block house, mine is a stick house built before Andrew's codes change) . I moved 2 lodsa down there today , plus my gheenoe which Im going to sink in her pool . We have zilch for plywood in brevard county because Charley not 2 weeks ago wrecked so much . No batteries , no Generators ....... all sucks .
I will certainly lose half of my mustang , I only hope it does not blow my parts too far so I might find some of them .
I guess I should be upset but Im in too much of a save-it mode right now and I guess in slight denial .
I have enough plywood left over from closing in my carport for Rustang work to board up a few windows at my mother in laws house . I figure it will be a waste to board these up and we might have to live with her for a little while so it would be in our best interest to prevent damage as much as possible to her house .
All of her "save" items and ours we are putting in the interior rooms and boarding the windows . After that , we are covering all the "save" items with tarps so if her roof fails , they goods inside may not get it (TV's DVD's and players, etc.) .
To all the VMFers from East Central Florida , please don't take this storm lightly .... it can kill you !
I imagine the barrier islands (Merrit Island , Cocoa Beach, Etc.) will be wiped out . Anyways , Good luck to everyone on the east coast .

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I have a photo of the car taken by a co-worker and it is a 65/66 coupe. The body looks ok on it, maybe the wrecker will not trash it pulling it out. The damage down in the bottom of town is unbeleivable. The water was up over 15' in that area, with many people trapped on the 2nd floors of the buildings. We had over 11" of rain that afternoon.
My wife totaled her Honda during the storm but is ok - we are thankful for that as many others were not as lucky in the storm.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Ouch,,,,,,,,,,ouch,ouch,ouch....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mustang is in the middle of the photo.
Yea that looks like the scene I saw on the news only it showed the rear of the the mustang. The east coast is getting hit pretty hard this summer and it is not over yet. :(

I keep waiting for the disaster aid to arrive from other countries, should be there soon don't you think? (Not).

Sorry for being sarcastic during times of such trouble but is seems helping other countries is a oneway thing. :(

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Have you taken plenty of pictures for INSURANCE purposes?
It's not my car - I have no idea who it belongs to. Mine is in pieces, but due to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts