Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do some floor pan work on one of my 1966 convertibles and when I called a vendor about availability of a full length right floor pan and a full length left floor pan he told me I could use a coupe floor pan.I thought the coupe and convertible full length floor pans were different. So for confirmation what is accurate?

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
The floor pans are the same, the convertible would need the edge trimmed off to fit under the inner rocker. The difference is the seat pans and extra bracing, but those are all welded to the floor pan.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The floor pans are the same, the convertible would need the edge trimmed off to fit under the inner rocker. The difference is the seat pans and extra bracing, but those are all welded to the floor pan.

I believe the coupe floor pans are cheaper than the convertible floor pans, so I should buy the coupe pans and use them is that accurate

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
You can if that's what you want to do. I added convertible inner rockers to my coupe and am installing a complete floor pan and just trimmed the outer flange so it would fit under the rockers.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
The coupe pan has the outer edge bent upward and the vert pans edge is bent downward towards the ground. That's the main difference between them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts