Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the "FULL FLOORS" offered by all of the vendors the correct way to rebuild the car, or is it correct to buy the individual pieces, ie: short front, rear piece, and middle piece? Anybody have good or bad experience with certain floor pan vendors?

Rob

·
Registered
680 Posts
Got mine from NPD, and they worked fine. They were as heavy guage steel as original, or thicker. I would recomend that you use the full length ones. Get all the bad out at once....Just be sure you cut out only 1 side at a time.....so the body doesn't have too much of a chance to flex....

G

·
0 Posts
I second the decision to go "full floors" as opposed to partials. Also, take a look and make sure you will not also need front toeboards and/or floor extensions as well. All of these products are pretty good from the suppliers, mine was American Standard I think, out of Canada and I was very pleased with their quality.

One last thing...make sure you get the proper "flange up or flange down" on the floor pans. Flange Up is proper for coupes and the other for convertibles. Make sure they do not mix them up during your order.

G

·
0 Posts
If it only needs one section just do that.If it needs more than one section you are better off doing a full floor panel. It makes for a better job and less work.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I replaced my floor pans with full pans from NPD and was very pleased.....just make sure you shoot them floor pans with epoxy primer as soon as you get them.....this way you have time to work with them before you cut and install them.

measure 6 times before cutting and welding....

when welding do alot of series of spot welds before doing the seam welding....

I used the butt weld technique.

I have pics I can send you.

regards
Roberto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts