Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifted the carpet back and guess what i found. I'll give ya two guess but you'll only need one. Rust both sides. a hole the size of a quarter on the passengers side. Smaller hole on the drivers side. I guess its time to order the floor pans. Any suggestions about removing the old ones?? Any replies will be appreciatied.

·
Registered
19,949 Posts
If it were me, and the car isn't a show car, why not just weld in a patch if the rust through are only that size and the rest of the floor(s) are in good shape?

Replacing the floor pans will be a big job, I can't say that from experience though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree just patch the old ones - but if you have to replace the pans a sawzall worked for me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may not have as bad a problem as many others here. I agree you should look closely at a patch job which can actually be done with a small piece of metal, fiberglass or a host of other options. Check out using POR Patch and its use together with fiberglass. Can't find much tougher stuff....

Trust me from someone who has just traveled this route. Getting whole new floor pans, floor extensions and toe boards, not to mention the MIG welder, cart, tank, clothes, mask, etc. and you are looking at a large commitment even before you break out the Sawzall.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess i'm gonna look into patching then. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts