Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on cutting out my floorpans (American Designers) and the pan doesnt quite match up .. in my 66 if you set the pan on the stamped out seat belt plate area then the seat access holes are off (too far back) by about 5/8" ... also the curved area of the floor in the back near the tranny tunnel doesnt quite fit if you align it this way..

If i align it with the seat holes then its a little short in the back like i mentioned but i guess if i took the hammer to it i could bent it back enough to weld it. Its just that being a curved area looks like a pain to beat it to fit right. The measurements are much closer to the original if aligned with the holes. Have any of you guys had this problem and how would you align it?

Would seem to be easiest to slide the pan to the back where its aligned with the curved floor area and the seat belt plate stamping .. it would just mean the seat riser would be moved back that 5/8" i mentioned .. but i'm not a tall guy at 5'9 so i really dont need extra leg room and besided its a k code car and im trying to make it look as stock as possible ..

Hope this makes sense, if not i can post pics tomorrow .. thanks ..

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I did full pans when I did mine and everything lined up pretty well. But if I were to make the call, I'd move the pans to the rear to match the original contours and let the seat access holes fall where they may. You can compensate for the relocation by setting the seat risers so they align slightly foreword of the access holes, while still being able to access the seat nuts, to help make up the difference.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yea, not such a perfect fit. Mine were "close" but not exact. I put the seat riser back where it came from and there is a slight off set to the seat holes in the floor pan. Oh well, I hope I don't have to take them out that often. I aligned for the contour of the sheet metal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts