Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a photograph of Flowmaster #17273 exhaust kit installed on a 65 or 66? I am specifically wondering how the tailpipes look coming out the back of the car.

Thanks,

dm289

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,742 Posts
I was wondering how you made out with your kit. Here's a shot of mine (Turbo kit). Just have to try to make a couple of offsets to go through the rear valance. I picked up a couple of mandrel bent sections to attempt it myself. Actually should have bought 3 because I know I'll mess up the 1st one.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering how you made out with your kit. Here's a shot of mine (Turbo kit). Just have to try to make a couple of offsets to go through the rear valance. I picked up a couple of mandrel bent sections to attempt it myself. Actually should have bought 3 because I know I'll mess up the 1st one.
You could also try making single miter bends out of straight pipe. Whatever angle of bend you need, divide by 2, cut a piece of straight tube that angle, rotate one piece 180 degrees and you have that bend angle...

·
Registered
841 Posts

What did you use for tail pipe hangers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts