Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a kit from Summit which was marked as universal (big mistake) for my 67. I'm using Flowtech long headers, and the kit, was wholly and completely incompatible. Even with cutting and welding.

I just got the Flowmaster kit and I'm wondering if anyone installed it in their 67 with success ? What adjustments did you make?

I know people are going to say to get this done at a local shop. That's my last resort.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
I used the FM 15807 tail pipes ,but not the kit. pretty much any kit I've seen should be considered at least semi universal ,they all require at least some fitment
I used the cheap stainless TRI Y headers from ebay and Jegs 30220 mufflers and made my own X pipe

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
How do those FM tailpipes exit, do they exit the pipes out the back under the valance or do they end up in line with the valance and require trimming and turn downs?
straight under the valance I cut them off mine however and used a set of 3.5" stainless tips ,disregard the temporary coathanger it been fixed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts