Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gathering parts for my upcoming T5 conversion, and it occurred to me that I got a flywheel as part of a box-of-mustang-stuff deal. I'm thinking I remember the guy saying it'd be good if was ever to go to a manual. So now how do I tell if this is the right thing? It's apparently a 160-toother, but other than that, I'm clueless.

How do I tell if it's correct, and is it worth using in any case, or should I just pony up for a new one?

Thanks,

TGV

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you're right, of course. As mentioned, I'm completely clueless on transmission things. Adding a flywheel to the shopping list.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yes, you're right, of course. As mentioned, I'm completely clueless on transmission things. Adding a flywheel to the shopping list.

Thanks!
As you're aware, flywheels come in a couple of different tooth sizes. They also come in a couple of different weight imbalances. Most likely you'll need a 157 tooth flywheel, but the weight will depend on the year of the engine (crank). Pre-1981 will be 28oz, post '81 will be 50oz. Unless you have some high dollar race crank which may be internally balanced (0oz.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts