Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've been busy re-assembling the car for past 10 days or so. I made it. The car was rolling hulk and got TCP R'n'P, some floor patches and subframe connectors. Well, I am lazy, slow, "you're sure about that?" guy. It took about 10 times longer to re-assemble the car compared to stripping it. The SWMBO says she's happy for the
result but won't forget the lost summer. I even did the thorough cleaning of the house today, that did an evening meal for me, but I will see how things will be when I get back after 8 nights on the road.

Yes, I will make it. Our club The Ford Mustang Owners' Club of Finland is celebrating 20th anniversary by extending the annual Fun Run weekend into 9 day Grand Fun Run across Finland. We expect to meet several hundreds members during the GFR.

I am making it because of a lot of help from my friends. Thanks to you virtual VMFers too, you gave excellent advice when I asked, like Midlife about speedo cable on Toploader and Camachinist Pat for so many shared thoughts (or should it be questions), I just mention here the "vacuum secondary vs mech secondaries", now I have quick change kit on vacuum spring to find the optimal one. And Kent for TCP help and Art and Roadracer for general advice on setting up the car.

Yes it is about 7, no, more like 6 hrs for the start of GFR, we'll be heading for eastern part of Finland, Imatra, where they have bike Road Racing historics. Some of you might know Giacomo Agostini, a 15 time world champion, he will be riding shotgun on one of Mustangs during parade laps. And then it is 1000 more miles and 8 more days of partying, beautiful landscape, friends, partying, club racing, partying and did I mention parties.

Altogether this like a One Mustang Lap of Finland and I am so glad to be able to participate with the help of you and local buddies. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I was in Finland about fourteen years ago during July for a soccer (football) tournament. Helsinki is a great town. I remember the historical island in the harbor that had old Finnish buildings, the old fortress at the harbor entrance and I also remeber the zoo. It is a beautiful country. You guys will be driving in constant daylight IIRC. I remember sitting and drinking the excellent beer (Olut?) in an open air pub until eleven at night with the sun still up. Have fun on the drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts