Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tci does have an 11 and a 10 inch converter for an fmx. But their description say's

68-71 FMX with 1.375'' crank pilot, 29-Spline

What the heck is that?? They won't fit a 72 FMX ?? What is the differences in the 68-71 fmx, and the 72 fmx. Man. Finding performance parts for my cleveland, my fmx, and my 8 inch rear is a pain, and expensive. Please let me know if I could use this converter. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
A buddy of mine got a new converter when he had an FMX on his 72 Cleveland. I'll call him later today and see if he remembers the details, it's been a few years. I'll post later. . .

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
GER sells them I've got a custom 3000 stall sitting around and a 2500 in my car. I think that all FMX's are the same,but they did change bell housings for FE, 385 series, and small block. Call up TCI tech and find out.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Call TCI, have all your stats in order... I call them occasionally for the shop I work at for custom (usually dirt circle or mud drag) converters and they know their stuff. They can tell you 100% one way or another.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Before spending on that fmx converter,consider changing over to a C4.You may spend more now,but you'll be glad you did later.The C4 is tough,can easily be built to handle any power level,and the aftermarket supply of parts and information is everywhere.Years ago I raced with an fmx,and it just didn't hold up like a C4 ,and when I finally switched all that money was lost.After three years I finally sold the fmx converter for half of what I paid for it.There just isn't much interest in the fmx,so it isn't going to be as cost effective.I'd have spent a lot less time/money/aggravation if I'd went the C4 at the beginning.The C4 is also lighter,I can't remember how much...Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts