Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In having my transmission changed out to a stage 2, wide ratio Aod.

So I have an Fmx transmission, bellhousing, dipstick tube, and torque converter up for grabs. Make me an offer. I'd rather not ship. It is located right now with my mechanic in Lekeside CA.

It came out of a 1969 Mercury Cougar with a 351w engine. It did slip a little bit when it was cold but that would disappear usually in about 30 seconds after it warmed up. I never had it looked at. CA simple fix might possibly be a filter/fluid change but not sure.

This transmission was used in many forms from the factory. They are known to be very stout and handle a lot of horse power.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
An FMX can be a good trans, but they're heavy with that cast iron center section and more susceptible to heat it seems, so an added cooler is a plus. I don't see too many people want them, would rather have a C6 for tough applications or a lighter C4 which both have a lot more aftermarket support. I had a good one I couldn't give away, so it eventually was metal-separated and scrapped. Somebody may need yours for a numbers-matching resto. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts