Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help/advice. Son is working on a 67 coupe. Newly built 302. Using a rebuilt 72FMX tranny. Everything lined up and bolted up fine. But we have 3 x-members and none of them will line up and fit properly. One is too narrow , the other two fit frame fine but do not sit plumb and level where the trans mount sits.
Anyone know what x-member we should be looking for ?
Thanks !!

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
To the best of my knowledge '69 was the first year model Mustang that had an FMX and it was behind the 351 engine. Maybe the crossmember will fit in your '67.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
FMX is a three eared one like the C6, but not the same. I’ve got several of them. Let me know if you want one.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Here's the part # you need - C9ZZ-6A023-A - which is what mquo2 linked to above at WCCC.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FMX is a three eared one like the C6, but not the same. I’ve got several of them. Let me know if you want one.
OK.. so how much do you need for one? Im guessing they're a tad wider , bolt hole to bolt hole , than the c-6? Also , any chance you might have a floor shift rod to tranny ? We have several, but all are of wrong shape/length.
Thanks !

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
$3o bucks plus shipping for x member. I do not have the shifter rod. I’m in S.Texas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts