Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone - I've got a 64.5 V8 convertible (non-GT) that I'd like to add fog lights to. I've found a few kits online and curious if anyone has has a recommendation on where to purchase? I'm leaning toward the set on CJ Pony Parts (Fog Light Grille Kit GT 1965) and would love any feedback on what people have been happy with.

Thanks in advance and loving all the discussions!
James

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
I prefer original when available but I think those are out of my price range. I like kits, but they often don't have the best quality components in them. National Parts Depot and Virginia Classic Mustang will have the very best parts available and if I was going to add GT fog lamps to mine, that is where I would source my goods.

Reactions: krueger

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Mine is a 68 but I got the complete kit from CJ, many, many years ago. It came complete and I was satisfied. Can't vouch for the kit now but you can't go wrong ordering from NPD.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Just call NPD and tell them what you are doing, they will set you up with all the best parts. Most “Kits” include cheap parts to make the price look attractive.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,013 Posts
I went through 3 of the under dash fog wire replacement kits (from a major supplier). All of them worked, but the wires ran warmer under the dash than I liked them too. Nothing was wrong, but they just seem to carry that much current. So I installed a relay to power the output to the fog lights themselves, and left the standard fog wiring to power the circuit for dash lights, tail lights. That allowed it to run cooler, everything was happy. Other than that minor tweak, just go with the plug'n'play under dash fog wiring kit and switch, to go with the wiring out to the lights themselves.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wish there was a grill kit like the early ‘67 Shelby’s for 1965-1966 cars !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts