Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if all the fog light reproduction parts are made by one company? If there's a particularly good set on the market, I'd sure be obliged if someone could point me to it!
The prices are so close that I think they're probably all the same---am I right?
After reading so much about the poor quality of repop parts, I'm alost afraid to see what I'll get for my money!!!
Thanks for your responses.
Jay67fast

·
Registered
838 Posts
The ones I have put on cars have been made by Scott Drake they came from different Co. price was different also. But I like the quality of them not NOS but they work nice

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Check with Mustang Project. They have been advertising that they have the best Scott Drake has to offer (fog light kits) and they are also members of the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
put a kit on last fall. got it thru virginia mustang but not sure of manufacturer. it was of great quality and complete.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just bought a kit for my 68 from CJ Pony. Looks great, lights, wire, switch, everything was top notch and with their 10% sale only $180 with shipping included. I am very pleased.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
It helps a bit if you paint the back of the pieces with black enamel. Pot metal is porous and believe the pits may come from the backside. In any event, it's worth the effort. I do it, also, on the other sh!tty pieces ie tailite bezels, mirror bases, etc. I learned that trick from an ol' bodyman at a shop I worked at outside Chicago when I was going to school. Pitting up there was fierce on all the potmetal that cars had in the 50's-60's-70's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts