Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about installing a fog light kit on my 66 coupe, I'd like to get some reccomendations as to which kits are better than others..my #1 concern is authenticity.....hat's closest to the factory sets???

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
You can get the factory lights. You'll need the light bar and the wiring harness.

For aftermarket stuff the only good choices I've seen are Piaa and Pilot Performance. I've heard of people putting small aircraft landing lights on too. Not sure about that one.

I bought a set of the small round Pilot ones to go in the air holes of my Shelby valance. Its not just a bolt in. I haven't got it all together yet though so I don't know how well they will work.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to get an nos, or used original kit, but the price will probably be prohibitive....

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Trust me...NOS is a bit pricey. The bars alone go for around $500 for the pair. I've seen the lights go for around $300-$400 for the pair. I've seen a set of the "concours" bars. I believe they are made by California Pony Parts (?). My buddy got the repop fog light grille ornament. It looks nice next to my NOS one. Either order from NPD or Virginia Classic. You can't seem to go wrong with either of those guys...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts