Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have two sets of fold down seat top and bottom cushions. one set has chrome trim on the back cushion frame work and one set doesn't. They look like they are from a 68 or 69 from the material om the cushions. Are they from a different year or what? thx. Gary

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The one with the chrome is for a fold down. The one without the chrome is either simply missing the chrome or for a stationary seat. The back panel of the fold down vs. non-fold down are identical other than the chrome. The non fold down even attach using fold down hinges ;) (at least on a '69/'70)

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
BTW, there's this big misconception that fold down seats are worth a fortune. This isn't really true, since the seat parts themselves are a dime a dozen, since there's no difference between the fold down and non-fold down.

The parts that are worth the fortune are the other 2 panels (the part that attaches to the seat back with the "piano hinge" and the false floor), since they are unique ONLY to the fast back fold down seat and are not made in reproduction.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx couldn't figure out why they had hinges on the non-fold down. but who am I to ? Ford Gary

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks for that explanation Johnpro - I passed up a pretty cheap deal on those two pieces last week on flea bay because I wasnt sure. Damn!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts