Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be purchasing one to convert my car. How will I know if I have all the parts? Does anyone have a parts list I can use?

Also, does anyone have installation and/or expanded view of this set up? I can probably figure out how it goes in, but I really have no desire to do it cold.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you - I could actually use the same info!! So if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it too!!

I got mine in pieces and don't know for sure how it all goes together. I also know I'm missing some hardware, but I'm not sure of the proper name etc.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here are a few photos of the setup I recently purchased to convert my 70. http://www.geocities.com/akbarber24/folddown.html The guy I bought it from said this is all the parts that are needed.

I have posted asking for a Mustang Monthly article that describes how to do an install. I have another article but its for a 66(?). I can make a copy for you if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That looks like everything, If that is the proprod support bracket that is in behind the latches in the photo.
If you do find a complete set make sure the rear trim panel that goes under the window has all its attachment clips. You can see them as green in the metal standoffs to the left of the latches. They are impossible to find. I was missing one so I made one myself. Goos luck on the project to both of you. If you have any questions let me know. I just installed mine in the 70. Of course I am missing the prop rod support. Know where I can find one??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts