Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I might be able to find the small rubber bumpers that fit into the front or top if open seat panel that cushions against the armest panel? I believe it takes 4 per car and I need all of them. They were missing and under the rear seat bottom. Probably about the ide of a pencil eraser with a taperes end. This is for a 69 and might fit other years as well, not sure . Thanks

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
The bumpers attach by pushing a part of the bumper through the holes in the folddown seat. After about 2 weeks, the sharp edges of the hole cut the rubber and the bumper falls off. A suggestion to avoid this is to cut off the rubber "tab" that goes into the hole and from the backside of the hole, screw in a small screw into the underside of the bumper. This is a more permanent installation and is invisible.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have the same problem in trying to find these. About a week ago I was washing the wife's Expedition and noticed that the doors have a very similair bumper on them. I have not gone to Ford yet to see if they are the same though. The bumpers on the trap door are easy to find and I have a source (Hillco Fastner) for all automotive fastners. They carry just about every nut, bolt, bumper, plastic rivets, etc. necessary for restoring. Let me know if you want their number. They are in Garden Grove, CA.
Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts