Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I have a '69 Mach 1, and I'm restoring the interior. I'm having a lot of problems trying to get the folding rear seat back together, and tight (free of annoying squeaks). I bought the car as a shell, with most of the parts in boxes. So, I'm learning as I go along. Does anyone know of a good book that has a detailed diagram of how the folding rear seat goes together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The interior is the last step to complete the restoration on my Mach 1. And I couldn't have done it without this web site and the wonderful people that visit here. Thanks all! :)

-Wesley Raven
1969 Mach 1 M code
1967 Coupe C code
1994 GT

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I also could use a good book for the '65's fold down seat but haven't found any. All my FBs (when they ran) had rattles and squeeks too. I just about got my previous FB squeek free before it got smashed from behind. After it was "fixed" it had more squeeks and groans.

Hope someone knows a solution, one of these days I'm going to need it when I get the current garage shelf back together.

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
My only suggestion on how it all goes together is to look at one that is already together (local Mustang club, shows, etc.) and copy what you see. As far as squeeks and rattles are concerned, my experience on my 67 is to take the interior apart piece at a time to isolate the problem. Then when the offending noise disappears start reasembling using self stick foam insulating tape or pads available at any good hardware store to cushion the offending pieces before re-installing them. My rear passenger compartment had plenty of squeeks and rattles when I bought it due in part to the flexible nature of the car and in part due to missing and/or deteriorated rubber bumpers and pads. The new rubber pads and bumpers helped a bit but the fiberglas and metal panels still moved around enough to be annoying. So the foam tape was used everywhere interior panels wre joined together or attached to the inner structure of the car and for the most part it has worked. I still get the occasional rattle going over large bumps in the road but overall a significant improvemnt. Good Luck.

67 Vintage Burgandy 390GTA with most of the bells and whistles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts