Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did this follow you home from the same salvage yard as the rest of your collection?
LOL- no- this was much closer! Got it running and drove it around yesterday.... you pretty much have to open the door and lean out to change your mind- there's not enough room inside to do it!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Nice car! I had a 1970 firebird formula follow me home last week. See what happens when you feed strays lol

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Did this follow you home from the same salvage yard as the rest of your collection?
LOL- no- this was much closer! Got it running and drove it around yesterday.... you pretty much have to open the door and lean out to change your mind- there's not enough room inside to do it!!
😂🤣

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Ha ha..... I once worked with a guy that came out of the Navy and he asked me to ride out with him to pick up his MG Midget that they had shipped in for him. I drove the MG back. At the time my everyday driver was a 76 LTD so climbing in this Midget was like climbing into a sleeping bag, about the same amount of room and almost as low to the ground.
Combination of fun and terror. Kept the pedal mashed through all 4 gears merging onto the interstate and was barely broke 60 mph when I pulled into traffic. Had a semi beside me and I could check out the dust on the bottom of the trailer. Felt more vulnerable than on my Honda CB750, at least it had the power to pull out of a close situation.
Last week I was involved in a deer hunt we do every year for military kids. Got the loan of one of those little Suzuki Carry mini trucks. Definitely a different experience: right hand drive, shifting with my left hand and all the controls in Japanese. My knees just barely cleared the dash enough to operate the pedals. I would step in with left boot then have to grab my right leg and pull it in. There were a couple long hills that we had to drive entirely in 1st gear to keep from bogging the little 660 cc engine.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So,.....could you put a 289 and a 5 speed in there, if you really wanted to up your game!!! It is a neat looking car.
But then I'd just have another Tiger, right? >:)
I discovered today that 3 holes are at 125psi, and 1 is 90. Valve lash was the correct .010 on all 8. You could still be onto something!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts