Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm considering the suggestion to go with an aftermarket carburetor. i plan to leave the motor stock and i want to keep it looking stock, and i'm only considering an aftermarket carburetor because it won't be visible under the air cleaner. i would like to have a little more low end throttle response and performance. i would appreciate some recommendations on which carburetor i should consider and maybe an estimate of the street price. thanks.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
You'll not get what you want from a different carburetor alone. New carbs are typically between $180-$400 for your car. The price depends on sophistication. If you want a no frills 4v, then the price is about $200. However if you want one with electric choke, PCV port, Power brake port, ported vaccuum for dizzy, etc. then the cost goes up.

G

·
0 Posts
This weekend I will test a two inch spacer with an open plenum on my holley 750 double pumper. I will also fit larger jets. The spacer should give more power at mid and high revs, but less at lower revs. To compensate the loss of power at lower revs you have to install the bigger jets. Thats the theory and this during the dragraces this weekend we will see if it works (sorry its a Vega, but my other car is a mustang !).
willy reerink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts