Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be ok if i reinforced my floorpans? they are starting to rust.. and i haven't got the cash at the moment to buy them.. i was thinking welding a peice of sheet metal to the underside of the floorpans... would this work or do i have to opt for the complete driver side pan?

The Best Truly Never Rest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,596 Posts
You can do it, but make sure it is something that will not show once you are ready to go back and properly replace the floorpans. Use seam sealer around the margins of the patches...don't want to make matters worse.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool.. soon as i get it up on some jackstands i'll fix them right up....

The Best Truly Never Rest
 

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
Do everything you can to stop the rust before sealing it inside. In any event, but sure to go back and do it right as soon as possible. It will grow out of control quickly, and out of sight when sealed in!!!


You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
make sure you check to see if the cowls are your problem

THE 90/90 RULE OF PROJECT SCHEDULES...
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90%.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top