Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I remember how hard it was to come to the idea of don't touch the throttle at all when fuel injection came to be. Some people were harder to train than others.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When fuel injection first came along, the throttle pedal was actually connected to the throttle body. It made a physical difference to the engine if you pressed the pedal or not. This is not true today with the cars that are "drive by wire". The throttle pedal is only connected to a "game" controller and feeds a signal to the car's computer. Even my 2012 Hyundai Accent daily driver is this way. Pressing the throttle cable only tells the computer you'd like to speed up. If the computer agrees with you, then it will accelerate the engine. This computer also makes decisions about the brakes, transmission, and sometimes steering.

...I really like my '68 Mustang that I control. :)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
When fuel injected vehicles came to the USPS, we had to instruct the carriers in starting procedures. Enter the vehicle, insert the key in the ignition, put the shift lever into Park, pull on the parking brake handle. Then roll down the driver's window, exit the vehicle and close the door. Now, reach in through the window and turn the key to the start position.

·
Registered
835 Posts
When fuel injected vehicles came to the USPS, we had to instruct the carriers in starting procedures. Enter the vehicle, insert the key in the ignition, put the shift lever into Park, pull on the parking brake handle. Then roll down the driver's window, exit the vehicle and close the door. Now, reach in through the window and turn the key to the start position.
(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts