Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When somebody posted about the Presidential Mustang about a week or 2 ago, I mentioned a book that had an article on it, and info on some other special editions, and info on every year from 1964 1/2 to 1973. Some people wanted the name of the book/author. Well, I finally went back to the bookstore, and the book is just called Mustangs, 1964 1/2 - 1973. The book is black with a pic in the middle of the cover. The author is Mark Mueller. It also has pics of the Super Snake, and a lot of other really cool pics and info. It is a pretty big book. I have seen it at Barnes and Noble and Walden Books. But, I forgot to check the price. oops.

Sean

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Great! I wonder if it has pics of "Batstang" I think it was a stretched '65 FB drag racer.

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, I didn't get to look at it all. But, there are some really cool pics of what the stangs' emblems would have looked like if they would have been called Cougars instead of Mustangs.

Sean

G

·
0 Posts
A stretch stang. Wow my next project.

Then I think I will do a monster truck stang. MMMM what could I call it? Damn Goldburg is already taken.

zot
www.yezot.com

·
Registered
372 Posts
Book by Mike Mueller

I got this book (Complete Book of Mustang) for Fathers Day '09 because I'm something of a first gen Mustang nut & my kids know it. After one quick glance thru I asked for the receipt; it's going back to the store. There are too many factual errors and contradictions in the book itself to call this a credible source of anything Mustang. I don't pretend to be an expert but I do have some original Ford literature that strongly disagrees w/ certain "facts" in Mike's book. As a licensed Ford publication it is very disapointing and not worth 1/10 what it cost. Save your cash.

·
Registered
9,015 Posts
I too saw the "Complete Book of Mustang" Barnes and Noble.....and I was not the least bit impressed....lots of errors in it..

I believe that the "Batcar" Fastback dragster was a Holman-Moody car. It was a A/FX 1965 Fastback Dragster raced by Al Joenic back in the day.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Haha... OLD thread! But yeah, that book is worthless for information. The pics are cool, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts