Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for either 4 or 5 point harnesses for my 65. I have a roll bar with a FIXED crossbar(where the belt will mount to). What harness do you have and where did you find it. I want to have black straps and one clasp. They will be on a street car but it will not be a daily driver so I would like them to be fairly easy to get in and out of but if they are a little bit of a pain, thats ok. I have 65 seats right now but will end up with some high backs, I dont think that will make a difference though.
Thanks for any info/direction

·
Registered
37 Posts
Summit and Jegs both have good selection. I would recommend the "cam-lock" type for easy of entry and more importantly exit! Its hard to beat Simpson Racing equipment. There are lots of different types, Y-type, etc. to fit different applications.

·
Administrator
19,492 Posts
The Schroth belts I have in my fastback are D.O.T. approved--they are only ones I found that are.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Might want to check out RCI Street belts, I asked the same thing a while back and here are the responses I got
Seat belts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Ok, Ok, I got my RCI belts from Summit. Here are some other tips:
That bar that is behind the seats MUST be low enough so that if the seat back breaks, the bar will stop the seat back from folding down rearward.
Even if your car is not fast enough, if you go to the drag strip, the tech inspectors ALWAYS look at the date code of the belts. It's 2 years max. RCI will reweb them, it is a little less than new belts, but, they'll only reweb them twice.
I did not use the anti-submarine strap.
And, with the shoulder belts installed, it is a pain in the a$$ to read the radio knobs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Also very important safty issue. The mounting point for the shoulder harness' should be lower than the highest point of your shoulders.

Chris Barton

·
Registered
767 Posts
Also very important safty issue. The mounting point for the shoulder harness' should be lower than the highest point of your shoulders.
Really?! I thought that the mounting point should be HIGHER than the highest point of your shoulder (to prevent spinal compression injuries in a frontal impact).

---Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts