1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I had looked at that myself....but MY GOSH the price of admission!

I can just imagine the phone call I would get from my wife when she got an email about a $20,000 charge on our Visa. The conversation would NOT be fun.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it was a bit of a shock when I saw the price. I wonder if they offer layaway....

Sent from the interwebs

·
Administrator
19,322 Posts
My first thought was "Wonder what happened to the rest of the car?"

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I saw that too. It seemed crazy expensive to me at first until I thought what it can cost for a 500 hp sbf with injection and a 6 speed behind it. Wife is going to kill me either way.
Yeah, if you add everything up, it is not really that far off for what you are getting. Part of me says I am already going top shelf on the suspension, don't short myself on the engine......BUY IT. I would really end up with a build seriously approaching super car status for a 65 Mustang. But, gotta draw a line on the budget someplace. If I did that, then why not have some custom light weight wheels for a few thousand more, and full glove leather interior, 20k paint job, and a set up super sticky tires that wear out in 2,000 miles. Yeah, gotta know where to quit.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Mars is one place. There is also Cleveland Power and Performance:

https://www.clevelandpap.com/

Then there is ebay and a few guys like Parts Farm and their competitors who turn of PATS and sell you everything and anything that came with the car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25k-2015-2017-435-hp-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-COYOTE-5-0-ENGINE-6MT-MANUAL-MASTER-KIT/264440206453?epid=1753742478&hash=item3d91dd5475:g:eGMAAOSwpRhdYA8w

I think the better buy is a 2018 or forward Coyote. 435 HP and you can do whatever to it for what you save and get beyond the 500HP

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw that too. It seemed crazy expensive to me at first until I thought what it can cost for a 500 hp sbf with injection and a 6 speed behind it. Wife is going to kill me either way.
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time ;)

It's a whole lot easier (for me anyways) to slowly build a motor and pick up a transmission than it is to drop $20K all at once. The only reason why I'm planning on a Coyote\MT-82 setup is cause I already daily drive my 2011GT. Otherwise, I'd slowly build a 408w.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
20k is just teh beginning, carve up the front end and find a suspension kit that doesn't start with "Mustang" and end with "II" then try to put that power to the ground when bias weight is totally front bias. Why not 408??? Spend the rest of of the money on an addition or Garagmahol or even a gambling binge with hookers - at least if your gonna get screwed...

·
Registered
658 Posts
There are usually a couple listed on Ebay at a time and prices appear to be coming down. I'd be curious to know if there are any differences between the production years 2016-2018. It is my understanding that 2019 and up Voodo motor share the predator block with the 2020 GT500, thus they are designed to handle boost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you all would like to check out MARS's Voodoo package in person it will be in Bowling Green, KY on display at Holley Ford Fest at Beech Bend Raceway Sept. 26-29th.

Cheers,

John @ MARS.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can just imagine the phone call I would get from my wife when she got an email about a $20,000 charge on our Visa. The conversation would NOT be fun.
Hahahaha! I can relate. I entered a bid on an ERA Cobra on BAT (Tinder for gearheads) without telling my wife, and within 5 minutes I got a phone call asking "What'd you buy for $4,000?!" It seems they put a hold (which showed up as a charge) on my credit card for their fee (10% of the bid price) - I didn't know they did that. If I won the car for that price, it would have been a great deal, but next time I'll bid in the last minute of the auction. That way I only need to have a difficult conversation IF I get a great deal. It might be easier to get forgiveness than permission. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Hahahaha! I can relate. I entered a bid on an ERA Cobra on BAT (Tinder for gearheads) without telling my wife, and within 5 minutes I got a phone call asking "What'd you buy for $4,000?!" It seems they put a hold (which showed up as a charge) on my credit card for their fee (10% of the bid price) - I didn't know they did that. If I won the car for that price, it would have been a great deal, but next time I'll bid in the last minute of the auction. That way I only need to have a difficult conversation IF I get a great deal. It might be easier to get forgiveness than permission. :grin2:
I can just hear the stammering and feel the lump in the throat! ha ha

·
Registered
618 Posts
Instead of the Voodoo, consider the 5.2L XS Aluminator crate motor. List is $20K, but resellers have them for around $17K. 580 HP out of the box for those who want a Coyote on steroids. You give up the howl of the flat plane crank, but with more HP and torque. I believe the engine in the new GT500 is essentially a built for boost version of this engine.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS

The crate motor does not include the controls pack nor the accessory drive, alternator, AC compressor, etc. So when all done, you are back at $20K. I am seeing these crate motors being put in Factory Five Cobras and Daytonas by a few builders. Still lots of money, but if you have it, not a bad way to spend it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In my case that would have probably included blood...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts