Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The EZ wiring harness comes with one wire for the Dome light. My 67 didn't have the door jam switches when I bought it. My question for those that have installed this harness, How did you wire the dome light?
I'm thinking the one wire from the harness needs to be spliced and ran to both door jam switches. Then the opposite wire from those switches is spliced together and run to the dome light so when the switches are activated (door open) the wire running to the dome light is hot. Does that sound correct? :(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ha! I TOTALLY forgot about the dome light until I drove the car at night for the first time in 18 years... a little late now! Your plan sounds right to me as well. But, how is the headlight switch a part of the circuit? Is there a common contact point on the switch from both doors?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I bellieve there is a constant hot from the headlight switch (If not, use any hot lead).. I then ran through teh door jamb switches, to the lights (1 dome on each rear quarter of the fastback) and then to ground.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback all!

As for the headlight switch, I believe that when wired correctly through the headlight switch (I think lead D1 or D2 I'll have to look) allows you to turn on the dome light when the knob is rotated fully counterclockwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts