1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
They are the special half pound versions... 1lb weight? Made of material straight from a black hole, not that lightweight steel....:shrug:

$8 from AMK for the 6 or 8 pc kit. But if someones determined to go OEM then they are what they are.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Those are in my junk drawer. Always wondered if they came off
my '68 or my '66 GT. One less thing to worry about...now I know ;)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If you think THOSE are ridiculously priced, look up the seller named "goofygoober". OMG! His stuff is priced over the top!

·
Registered
839 Posts
so when the time comes, should I sell my car assembled or break it down and sell pieces...........hmmmm

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
Now that's funny. AMK will sell you the trans mount hardware kit for $8 (as opposed to magmustangshttp://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/magmustangs/ $24), and that's the whole nut/bolt/washer set, not just 2 bolts and washers. What's not generally known about AMK is not only are their repro fasteners dead-on, many are made by the original manufacturers, and as much as 20% are actually NOS. They don't advertise that because the NOS stuff is just mixed in with the rest.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
This is for two bolts and two washers right? How do we know they're original. They came off a 66, they may have been replaced...maybe just common hardware store bolts!
Hey, they came off one of those rare 66's!

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
This is for two bolts and two washers right? How do we know they're original. They came off a 66, they may have been replaced...maybe just common hardware store bolts!
Hey, they came off one of those rare 66's!
No, the semi dog-points on the bolts are the real deal, but his price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
734 Posts
These are Mine. I will just say that we have been selling them for years at this price, and have sold hundreds of pairs. It looks like the Originals are hard to find and AMK's might have some differences.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think the bumper guard bolts are the same bolt. Maybe those sell for $54.95, per side. $109 for four.

/lol just kiddin what do i know...pfft

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
This goes along with my strategy of playing no limit hold-em. I find I have a better return if I shove all my chips with the best hand and get called 20% of the time vs. value bet and get called 80% of the time. The poker players among us will understand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts