Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a of WAR case and its missing the side adjuster caps that set the preload on the bearings and adjust the backlash. Hoping I can find a cheap used set.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont have one good luck on your search ,I believe those are called spanner nuts .
also if you dont know, those WAR cases are the weakest of all the 9" cases , good luck

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have one good luck on your search ,I believe those are called spanner nuts .
also if you dont know, those WAR cases are the weakest of all the 9" cases , good luck
I know it's the weakest case. I was just using it to set up a carrier so I could install my axles and roll the quarter panel wheel lip with the eastwood tool.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you’re just “rolling it”, think you can get away with just using the outer axle shaft bearings and retainer plates.

I’ve seen old home made trailers with 8” housings to haul brush with just the axle and outer bearings without carrier in housing. I could see the end of the axles in the center.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Cape Coral FL
I think I have one , just cover the shipping. Do you need the lock tab too? PM me an address and I'll get it on the way , I'm in So Cal and USPS priority mail can have it there Friday for under 8 bucks.
Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts