Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the vintage C9OX-9424-B Ford intake a good performer?
I have the opportunity to buy one for a low price but it needs some TLC to be presentable.

Cool that it's vintage but I'll pass if nothing really special.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
i don't know the answer, but if it's really cheap, i'd buy it and flip it. there are people who pay pretty good money for stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
From what I've heard if it says FORD it is/was a over the counter service part. Other versions that were cast with SHELBY or COBRA would be the more highly valued intakes. Brian

·
Registered
35,548 Posts
Is the vintage C9OX-9424-B Ford intake a good performer?
I have the opportunity to buy one for a low price but it needs some TLC to be presentable.

Cool that it's vintage but I'll pass if nothing really special.
Yes, it is mechanically identical to the Cobra used on the 65-68 GT350. Works well even by today's standards, almost as good as the Performer RPM, which incredible considering it was designed with slide rules and intuition in the early 196's.

As a C9OX, it comes from the Ford Muscle Parts OTC catalog. As an item, it is at the low end of the value scale.

·
Registered
35,512 Posts
Not quite as good as the C9OX-9424-A... the "A" ports measure 1.82" x 1.02", the "B" ports measure 1.82" x .90".

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents

I think I'll pass on it. Looks pretty rough and I could get a performer RPM for similar money.

·
Registered
35,548 Posts
Only if that's clearly what it says. You see, "9424" is a Ford engineering code for "intake manifold". "942" doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
35,548 Posts
Thanks gents

I think I'll pass on it. Looks pretty rough and I could get a performer RPM for similar money.
I find that using new glass beads, at 30 psi or less, makes aluminum intake manifolds look like new. Doesn't take long, either.

·
Registered
35,548 Posts
Captured this image off their sale add. Sure seems like mistake in the casting.
Interesting defect, but I doubt it has any effect on value. Good manifolds, though. IIRC, within about 3% of the balance and flow you'd expect from "modern" manifolds. Very streetable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts