Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So covid19 be damned. I did not think this would come to pass, but I will be there this Friday and Saturday with the other woman in the line of 66 modified mustangs. Bringing a friend with a grabber blue best of show 89 fox body convertible. He has never been so I am hoping the turn out is good, the weather is bearable, and we all don't get the corona virus....

·
Registered
653 Posts
My friend and I are heading up on Friday, the weather looks good for both Friday and Saturday.
I hope Desperate Times Brewery has their people there!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'll be there Friday also. Looking for a fun day of candy store shopping. :oops:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
It is no wonder why the US has the highest infection rate of the world!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
My mistake, I should have said “total deaths”
140,534 and increasing.

Reactions: 65coupei6_2

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
back in the 80s and most of the 90s I never missed one

last time was 2013. no more vintage parts. The classics are now the Fox bodies and thats all i saw plus some early 0s

not worth the 5 hour drive for me anymore

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Let's look at something real. Even CNN had to admit that-
View attachment 762901
We’ve got 4.25% of the worlds population with 26% of worldwide cases and 23% of the deaths. That’s nothing to brag about. Those numbers in the CNN chart are stale at this point. We’ll be at about 152k tomorrow. We’re adding a thousand plus a day.

I’m surprised the event is happening. You guys report back what the turnout is. If you’re going to do something outside, masked up and distanced is the way to do it. We’ve got a similar thing here for street stocks but it’s most GM and Mopar but I doubt it will happen this year.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just use a mask and don't wear it half off your face. You don't wear your underwear half off right? At least I hope not 😃

Everyone stay safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
35,522 Posts
My mistake, I should have said “total deaths”
140,534 and increasing.
Well, once this was let out of the bottle, that was inevitable. The government slogan is, after all, "Slow the spread". Not "stop". Because it can't be done.

Of course, China doesn't figure in the stats, because they aren't reporting reliable figures. There are reports, though, of ash darkening the sky due to crematoria working 24/7.

The flu takes 40,000 - 60,000 Americans every year, and it doesn't even make the news. I guess we're used to that.

·
Registered
797 Posts
This is unequivocally, undeniably, universally China's fault. There are no bat colonies within 900 kilometers of Wuhan. The Chinese Communist Party modified this coronavirus in the lab so that their virologists could practice developing vaccines for superbugs. The big problem was that the Wuhan Institute of Virology is purported to be a Class 4 Biofacility, but an audit in 2017 found it only adheres to Class 2 controls. As far as the United States is concerned, this is how I feel about the statistics
48xlp2.jpg

1 - 20 of 44 Posts