Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a few of these a couple of years ago. Used 1 of them and sold the rest. Was hanging on to this one because it is 4.11 (hard to find), but I don't think we'll ever use it and we're moving so I'd rather not store it. We did use the passenger-side (short) axle out of it for our conversion with another rear end ($30 at a salvage). $200 firm. Donor had less than 100K miles on it. Pick up in Waxahachie, TX.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure what happened to the add, but this is a Ford Explorer 31-spline Locking 4.1 ratio rear end. The short-side axle is missing but those are only $30 or so at the salvage yard. $200 firm (getting hard to find them and I'm sure I can use it in a few years if I don't sell it), pickup in Waxahachie, TX.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
no offense, but you can still find the same axles (around here at least) for that or less, complete- sometimes even with sway bar and brake cables. I paid $150 for one off Craigslist- got there end found he'd even pulled the aluminum driveshaft that came with it!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no offense, but you can still find the same axles (around here at least) for that or less, complete- sometimes even with sway bar and brake cables. I paid $150 for one off Craigslist- got there end found he'd even pulled the aluminum driveshaft that came with it!
None taken. Around here they've gone up to $250. I just sold one within 5 minutes of posting it. Better buy those $150 ones while you can. I have no need to take any less as I know something will come up that will love a 31-spline 4.1 locker.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just pulled 4 of these out of my local u pull for $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got 4, 4.1 ratio, explorer 31-spline lockers for $200? You will quadruple your money on them eventually. Chevy guys have learned about them now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts