Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWMBO's '99 explorer is in need of shocks. It is stock height. I have ranchos on my F150, but think they would be a little ruff for the SWMBO. Would you guys give me some shock recommendation something with a good ride but not mushie. No radical 4 wheeling for this thing maybe a spin on the beach, thats about it.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Highly recommend KYB GR2's. They are as stiff as the KYB gas-a-just but have a proportioning valve like edelbrock so they stiffen up as you need. I have them on my wifes 97 cougar sport (V8) which has been lowered by the factory and has some fairly stiff springs on it (400 lbs up front, 600 on the rear). Increased ride handling above oEM struts/shocks about 5% (which were good units to start with)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
My swmbo's 01 Exploder just had a front shock go out - leaked a big spot on the garage floor! ::

I ended up getting the "top-of-the-line" Monroe Reflex shocks for it (replaced all 4). They ride nice, and firmed up the handling quite a bit. Feels much more "in control", and not so "wallowy"...

Price was under $40 each PLUS a $50 rebate :: if you buy 4.

Check them out - simlilar "inertia valve" to the E-brocks - we've been pretty happy with them (only 3 weeks on the road so far). They do carry a lifetime warranty. Bought ours at O'Reilly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts