Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I know it's not quuuiiieeeetteeeee Mustang related but it's pretty close. I've got an FX trans out of a '67 Country Sedan that I'm almost done rebuilding. Problem is, I may've installed the rear band backwards but I can't seem to find any decisive information one way or another. There's some diagrams and videos that have it one way, and my pictures from disassembly shows it another way. But it looks like it could very well be reversible and, well, it's already mostly together. I'd have to break the cast rings on the sun shaft to disassemble it which I really don't want to do. I was wondering if anybody had any insight one way or another? It might be the same band as an FMX, I honestly just don't know. It's tricky to find decent diagrams for these things.

The specific band is the one on the right, closer to to the output shaft. That's the low/reverse band.

I'd really love to get a solid confirmation one way or another so any help would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hey everyone. I know it's not quuuiiieeeetteeeee Mustang related but it's pretty close. I've got an FX trans out of a '67 Country Sedan that I'm almost done rebuilding. Problem is, I may've installed the rear band backwards but I can't seem to find any decisive information one way or another. There's some diagrams and videos that have it one way, and my pictures from disassembly shows it another way. But it looks like it could very well be reversible and, well, it's already mostly together. I'd have to break the cast rings on the sun shaft to disassemble it which I really don't want to do. I was wondering if anybody had any insight one way or another? It might be the same band as an FMX, I honestly just don't know. It's tricky to find decent diagrams for these things.

The specific band is the one on the right, closer to to the output shaft. That's the low/reverse band.

I'd really love to get a solid confirmation one way or another so any help would be awesome. Thanks.
The bands look the same in the FMX. I was using a flex band in the forward position that I later changed out when I had my original rigid band relined. Not sure if any of these photos help, but they are all I have that shows the rear band.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts