Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I indicated in an early post, I had fits with the Ford injection on the 5.0 in my 66 coupe. I received plenty of great suggestions from Forum members on how to solve the problems with the OBD 1 "suitcase" Ford injection but ultimately decided to install an Edelbrock Proflow 4. What a difference, as power and driveability are transformed. The project wasn't cheap but to me, it was worth the money and the appearance of the engine compartment has changed dramatically as the attached photos indicate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,303 Posts
Looks great. Pro flo4 is what I'm hoping to order soon.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Agreed, looks great. I've never liked that 5.0 EFI manifold in retrofit applications.

I also decided to go the proflo4 route for my 390/445 stroker build. I already have the pf4 and it looks amazing but need to finish my car and my engine before using it. I think they basically take a Victor Jr manifold and put 8 injectors in it, then add all the electronics and throttle body. I showed the pf4 to several friends and their jaws all dropped when I told them how cheap it is. On the surface it seems expensive, but if you compare it to TBI, and need a manifold and distributor, the pf4 comes out cheaper, at least of the FE, where an aluminum manifold starts at around 550 and a sniper TBI is 1200, and then your stuck with a TBI instead of the pf4, which gives you multi port injection, which should be a better performing system.

·
7,010 Posts
I have the ford efi on mine and it works great...BUT that was because back in the day we didn't have all of these great choices you have now.

BTW...the most impressive thing about your engine bay is how clean it is. You did an awesome job with it!

Phil

·
Registered
729 Posts
Glad you're happy with the new setup. One option for people running the Ford System is the Megasquirt plug in play ECM for Fox Mustangs.

Reactions: Mac-427
1 - 5 of 5 Posts